The Kreuzkirche in its present form was built between 1764 and 1792. Before that, three other church buildings already stood on this site: In the 13th century, the church was initially dedicated to the patron saint of merchants and boatmen, St. Nicholas. After several new buildings and alterations, the church was given the imposing west tower with a height of 90 metres between 1579 and 1584. In 1792 the church was consecrated again and in 1800 it was finally completed. At the time of the fall of communism in 1989, peace prayers were held here in the same way as at St. Nicholas Church in Leipzig, followed by demonstrations.
Concerts of the world-famous Dresden Kreuzchor are held in the Kreuzkirche. At a height of 92 metres, the lookout tower of the Kreuzkirche offers a beautiful overview of the city and the surrounding area.
tram 1, 2, 4 till Altmarkt
Last update: 27.7.2023
Kreuzkirche on the map:
Sie haben die Nutzung der Landkarte auf dieser Website deaktiviert.
Für die Anzeige der Karte aktivieren Sie bitte "OpenStreetMap" in unserem »Consent-Banner«.
(Note: Map information is provided without engagement. The visible part of the map may also be moved by dragging it by mouse.)