The Albertbrücke is the most eastern of Dresden's four inner-city bridges. With a total length of 316 metres, it connects Sachsenplatz in the Johannstadt district with Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz on the Neustädter Ufer. As a north-south connection, the Albert Bridge carries a very high volume of traffic from cars and trams (lines 6 and 13).
Until the fall of communism, the Albert Bridge was called the "Bridge of Unity" (referring to the unification of the KPD and SPD to form the SED); before and after that, it was simply called the "Albert Bridge" after King Albert of Saxony. It was built in 1877, and after its destruction on 7 May 1945, it was rebuilt the following year.
tram 13, 46 till Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz (Neustadt) or till Sachsenallee (Johannstadt)
Last update: 16.6.2021
Albertbrücke on the map:
(Note: Map information is provided without engagement. The visible part of the map may also be moved by dragging it by mouse.)